Cardiology is a medical specialty dealing with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and abnormalities involving the heart and blood vessels. The Mundane tests for heart function include Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG), Chest X-rays, Echocardiogram, Cardiac Catheterization and Angiogram, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), CT (Computerized Tomography) of the Heart, Transesophageal Echocardiogram (TEE). Medicos who specialize in cardiac surgery are called cardiothoracic surgeons or cardiac surgeons, a specialty of general surgery. To be a cardiologist in the Coalesced States, a three-year residency in internal medicine is followed by a three-year fellowship in cardiology. It is possible to specialize further in a sub-specialty. Apperceived sub-specialties in the Amalgamated States by the ACGME are cardiac electrophysiology, echocardiography, interventional cardiology, and nuclear cardiology.
- Cleveland Clinic – Cleveland, OH
- Mayo Clinic – Rochester, MN
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia and Cornell- New York, NY
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center – Los Angeles, CA
- Massachusetts General Hospital – Boston, MA
- Johns Hopkins Hospital – Baltimore, MD
- Northwestern memorial hospital – Chicago,IL
- University of Michigan Hospitals and Health centers – Ann Arbor,MI
- Duke University Hosptials – Durham, NC
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital – Saint Louis,MO
Click here to find best cardiology hospitals near me.